6/13/2011

Change - Shift does happens

CAN YOU REALLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE?



The answer is "yes you can" but it takes a bit of work.  Realize though, there is no instant pill to take to transform yourself. Our society often looks for instant changes and answers.  Nothing worthwhile is going to happen immediately but you can start.

In this computer age,  we are mostly all aware of viruses and how they infect our computers, slowing the computer down or grinding it to a halt.  If you grew up in a perfect world with perfect caregivers, you would not have what are called "mental viruses."  Since most of us did not grow up in a perfect world, we have viruses or programing from our caregivers (usually parents) that cause us to act in unhealthy ways.

My father would say to me as a boy "you are going to be a millionaire when you are 21."  Sounds innocent, but I got the idea, that in order to earn my father's approval, I would have to become a millionaire before I was 21.  It forced me to try too hard and become too ambitious to the point that I would start businesses and destroy the business by being in a hurry and impatient--afterall I only had a limited time frame to become a millionaire.

I am not a happy person!  But I am not unhappy either.
I live in a center of neutrality (mindfully).  I realized that these mental viruses I inherited growing up are not me.

Most people never see beyond their programing and virus mentality.  Isn't that sad? 
It is almost like you have two distinct selves:  a true self (childlike, unselfish) and an untrue self (grasping, greedy, selfish).  Whe you visit an all you eat buffet, see how the untrue self reacts.  Secretly it thinks "I have got to each all I can so I get my money's worth."  Customers like this help put such places out of business.

The true self would probably think something like this "It is nice there are so many nice foods here to chose from, I am going to make healthy choices but still enjoy myself without overeating."
Watch your mental virus self--it often acts mindlessly.

By being in the NOW you give your self the choice of acting from your mindful true self or your mindless untrue self.

No comments:

Post a Comment